Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri: I wanted to change all eleven playersby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri admits he wanted to substitute all his players during defeat to Leicester City.Jamie Vardy scored the only goal of the game early in the second half, after the Blues had been on top during the opening 45 minutes. Sarri introduced both Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Olivier Giroud after the goal.He said, “I wanted only to be more present, also physically in the other box, but apart from the subs the reaction wasn’t in the right way. If the reaction is like this you can change 11 players, it’s the same.”If I knew I would have solved the problem before this match. It’s difficult to understand because we have players with lots of experience.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Wolves midfielder Joao Moutinho: Spurs win down to team ethicby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves midfielder Joao Moutinho says they’re benefiting from a strong team ethic.Moutinho was speaking after their superb win over Tottenham.The 32-year-old said: “The key is all the group, all the players who were playing on Saturday and those who didn’t play, the sacrifice – we do it all the week, all these months – we work a lot and that’s the result of our training, our sessions.“But that’s it. That’s our football.“We can play it against big teams and small teams, we need to do the same and have the same spirit, and against Tottenham, our spirit came out and we won.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Real Betis chasing West Ham striker Lucas Perezby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Betis are chasing West Ham striker Lucas Perez.The Daily Mail says the 30-year-old only joined West Ham from Arsenal in August and signed a three year contract. He has scored four goals in 13 appearances but has largely struggled to impress and was an unused substitute for Saturday’s FA Cup win over Birmingham City.Manuel Pellegrini would allow him to go as he wants to bring another attacking option in.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say Chelsea recall Baker from Leeds loanby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea have terminated Lewis Baker’s loan at Leeds United.Sky Sports suggests that Baker will be back at the Blues, after playing 14 games in all competitions for the Championship promotion hopefuls.Baker only started two league games for Leeds, while he was substituted at half time in both those games.It is unclear if the Blues want him to stay with the squad for the rest of the season or go on loan to another team.The 23-year-old signed a five year deal with the Blues in August 2017.
Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi: Great having Morris backby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveCallum Hudson-Odoi admits the return of Jody Morris helped convince him to pen new terms with Chelsea.Morris returned with manager Frank Lampard from Derby County this past summer.Hudson-Odoi said, “Jody is a coach who’s always been on my case no matter what – if he sees me jogging, he’ll be shouting at me to run faster – but that’s a good thing to know he’s watching me that closely. “He wants me to work hard for the team because when you all work together, you get results. I appreciate that because they’re helping me do what I’m doing now.”The winger is also happy for fellow academy graduates Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori over their breakthroughs this season.”I’m happy for all of them. As soon as they came back from loan, I told them they would get opportunities and they just had to take them because we’re at a great club. They’ve done that so well right from the start of the season.”Tammy and Mason have been getting goals, even Fikayo has scored as well, and they’ve done superbly well. They’ve been playing their part so they just need to keep working hard and believing in themselves.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Aston Villa captain Grealish: Mings and El Ghazi okay nowby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAston Villa captain Jack Grealish says the row between Tyrone Mings and Anwar El Ghazi is over.When Mings and El Ghazi squared up to each other during Monday’s 0-0 draw with West Ham, the 24-year-old skipper took responsibility.Grealish told The Sun: “It happens sometimes in games. Emotions are running high. It probably wasn’t what we wanted.“We came in at half-time and we all spoke. Even JT had a little word and just said, ‘Look, nothing’s personal’.“Then I said, ‘You two can shout at each other now but before we go out there in the second half, you two are shaking hands and we’re going out together’.“The manager spoke about the first half, then everything calmed down. Before they went out for the second half, they shook hands.“I think that’s why the manager probably give me the captain’s role, because I’m not afraid to say stuff.“I’m not the oldest but because I’ve been at Villa my whole life and have the captain’s armband now, a few of the lads do tend to listen.”
Liverpool veteran Milner delighted with MK Dons win: It shows our depthby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveJames Milner says Wednesday’s win over MK Dons was a positive sign for Liverpool’s depth.Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Joe Gomez, Ki-Jana Hoever and Naby Keita were all handed starts, while Rhian Brewster, Harvey Elliott and Caoimhin Kelleher earned debuts.Milner scored in the 2-0 win and was pleased to see his side cope without a number of senior players.”It’s always tough when you have a mixture of guys who haven’t played many minutes and a group of youngsters, but you could see the style of football we wanted to play,” the No.7 told Sky Sports post-match.”We lost our way a little bit in the second half, and didn’t keep the ball as well, but I thought it was a pretty solid performance.”When you look at how good our squad is, it’s not easy for the youngsters to get to the level they need to be, but they’ve shown they want to get better and better. Everyone is pushing, and that’s what the senior boys need: competition for places.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Arsenal only see David Luiz as stop-gap defensive solutionby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal only see David Luiz as a stop-gap defensive solution, it has been claimed.The Brazil international sealed a surprising £7million move to north London on transfer deadline day after a falling out with Blues boss Frank Lampard.Luiz has been erratic for Arsenal since his arrival, though, with the Gunners conceding 11 goals from their first seven league matches.The Sun says Arsenal believe he won’t be the answer for the long term as they seek more defensive reinforcements. Luiz, at 32, is approaching the twilight years of his career.Arsenal also have Sokratis Papastathopoulos who, at 31, is also in the closing stages of his time at the top. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
It has previously been the stuff of legend, but it has now been confirmed that Jose Mourinho did – on at least one occasion – hide in a laundry basket so as to sneak into his side’s dressing room.Reports surfaced in 2007 that Mourinho had managed to navigate his way into the Chelsea dressing room during a Champions League clash with Bayern Munich two years previously by hiding among some dirty clothes.The Portuguese was serving a European suspension at the time of the clash with the Bundesliga giants, though he denied the claims when they came to light further down the line in his career. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? However, revelations in a new book charting the career of former Chelsea midfielder Maniche suggest that Mourinho had form for sneaking into areas of the ground he was banned from.Ex-Portugal international Maniche, who played under Mourinho for both Porto and the Blues, tells the story of how during a match between Porto and Boavista in 2004, Mourinho was sent from the touchline by the referee during the first half.Such action meant he was unable to speak to his side at half-time, but – as Maniche reveals – that did not stop him from making sure he was able to pass on his instructions in person.”Mourinho, in the second season as Porto coach was prevented from giving instructions to his team in the interval of the game between Boavista and Porto,” he recalls within ‘Maniche 18’, which is set to be translated into English during 2019 after its release in Portuguese last year.”We were all in the dressing room when,suddenly a basket of dirty clothes appeared in the middle of the room, and in the middle of the clothes came Mourinho!”He hid himself so he could go to the dressing room to give instructions to his players.”Mourinho has come a long way since those days with Porto, with his career taking in two spells at Chelsea as well as periods in charge of Inter, Real Madrid and, most recently, Manchester United.His tenure at Old Trafford came to an end in December after a poor start to the season with the Red Devils, though reports suggest he will not be out of the game for long.The 55-year-old has refuted claims he has met with Benfica to speak about becoming their next permanent coach though he continues to be linked with a move back to Real Madrid due to his friendship with Florentino Perez and current manager Santiago Solari’s struggles at Santiago Bernabeu.’Maniche 18′ was written by Maniche’s great friend, Tiago Guadalupe, and charts the 2004 Champions League winner’s career. It includes contributions from the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Iker Casillas and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, among many others, to bring previously untold stories to life. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Neymar’s father has again insisted that Paris Saint-Germain were well aware the Brazil star would not be returning for pre-season training on July 8.The Ligue 1 champions said they would take “appropriate action” against the forward after he did not appear for club duties on Monday.The news has fuelled rumours Neymar will look to force through a move away from the club in the transfer window, with a return to Barcelona mooted as well as a possible switch to Real Madrid. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare PSG said in a statement that they had not authorised the player’s absence, but Neymar Sr. is adamant they had agreed he would not be back until July 15 due to commitments with Instituto Neymar, a charitable organisation set up by the 27-year-old and his family.“The reason [for his absence] is known and was scheduled one year ago, with the annual schedule of his institute, and we couldn’t change it,” he first told Fox Sports Brazil . “His return will be on the 15th. It’s as simple as that… no controversy. And PSG are aware and are part of the institute’s actions.”Then, speaking later on Monday to RMC , he added: “We have commercial and institutional programs. Those dates were scheduled a month ago. PSG were informed – they were even present at the event last year. “The Neymar Institute organises these events every year and everybody know the dates. We scheduled this year’s dates on July the 10th. “On the 13th, there’s the Neymar Jr’s Fives tournament and then after these dates, he will be present at PSG on the 15th like we informed the club weeks ago.”The majority of the PSG squad went through medical tests on Monday to begin their pre-season programme under Thomas Tuchel.Neymar had been part of the Brazil squad for the Copa America until an ankle injury suffered in a warm-up match against Qatar forced him to miss the tournament.He stayed in his homeland to watch Tite’s side, who lifted the trophy on Sunday after beating Peru 3-1 in the final.The French champions are yet to issue a response to Neymar Sr.’s comments.