By Dialogo May 16, 2011 Eight alleged drug traffickers sought for extradition by the United States have been detained in northern and northwestern Colombia, following two years of investigation in coordination with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), the Colombian police said on 12 May. According to Gen. César Pinzón, the commandant of the anti-narcotics police, “Operation Republic 56 culminated early Thursday morning with the arrest of eight drug traffickers sought for extradition by the U.S. government.” According to the officer, the drug-trafficking ring sent large amounts of cocaine “on ‘Go Fast’-type speedboats, from the gulfs of Urabá and Morrosquillo (in northwestern Colombia) to Panama and Honduras, in order to then send them from there to the coasts of Mexico and the United States.” Pinzón added that as a result of eleven operations conducted during the last two years, the authorities have succeeded in seizing 14.3 tons of cocaine from the drug-trafficking group, at the same time that they have arrested fourteen of its members. The eight alleged drug traffickers detained in the last few hours were arrested in the cities of Medellín (in northwestern Colombia) and Cartagena (in northern Colombia), on the Caribbean island of San Andrés (in northwestern Colombia), and in the towns of Turbo (in northwestern Colombia) and San Pablo (in northern Colombia).
India’s vibrant newspaper industry that reaches tens of millions of readers daily has been ravaged by declining advertising revenues due to a nationwide lockdown to fight the coronavirus, pushing leading titles to slash jobs and salaries.Advertising revenues at some top dailies published by market leader The Times Group and publisher ABP Group have nosedived as businesses slash ad spending to conserve cash, senior executives said.”Our print advertisement revenue, which is 80% to 85% of our total revenue, is almost zero post lockdown,” said D. D. Purkayastha, chief executive of ABP, which publishes English-language daily The Telegraph and top Bengali language newspaper Anandabazar Patrika. India has extended a nationwide lockdown to May 3 to fight the coronavirus that has so far infected more than 12,000 and killed over 400 people. India has said it will allow opening up of only some industries after April 20.Ad spending The Hindustan Times, another leading publisher, on Thursday said it was moving between 5% and 15% of salaries to variable pay linked to the company’s performance, an internal memo seen by Reuters said.Indian companies last year spent nearly $9 billion on advertising, including about $2.6 billion on print media, according to Pitch Madison advertising report this year.The Indian Newspaper Society, which represents around 1,000 publishers, has estimated the industry could lose $2 billion over the next six to seven months. It has sought federal support via a 50% increase in government advertisement rates.The 88-year-old Indian Express this month also announced pay cuts of up to 30% for some staff and warned of more sacrifices to come. “If the situation continues this proposed reduction in salary will also not be enough for us to see through this crisis,” an internal staff memo seen by Reuters said.The Dainik Bhaskar group, whose Hindi newspaper has the largest circulation of any in India, said it had restructured pay for roughly 1,000 employees, or 12% of its workforce, by introducing a variable component dependent on the group’s performance.”This is to face the situation,” said the group’s human resources head Ravi Gupta. The Times of India, among the world’s largest circulating English-language dailies, has shrunk to around 16 pages with supplements, compared with 40 plus pages previously, as ads from companies have stopped, said one Times employee.The Times this week laid off some staff on its Sunday magazine team, a move two journalists told Reuters had sparked fears among staff about further job losses.”There is tension and people are only praying. Who knows what will happen, but everybody is expecting pay cuts,” said one Times Group business journalist, who declined to be named.The Times Group did not respond to a request for comment. Topics :
Wenger signed Pires in 2000 (Picture: Getty)Arsene Wenger once told his assistant manager to ‘shut up’ when he tried to criticise Arsenal legend Robert Pires in a training session.Arsenal enjoyed six years of Pires’ magic at the club and the Frenchman was carefully man managed by Wenger.Ray Parlour, who played alongside Pires for four years, recalled how Wenger would step in to defend the forward from his right-hand man, Pat Rice.‘Remember Pat Rice to Robert Pires? “If I see you jump out of a tackle again”,’ Parlour told Martin Keown in a conversation in the Daily Mail.ADVERTISEMENT‘Then Wenger comes in: “Shut up, Pat! Well done Robert, keep moving the ball”. AdvertisementAdvertisement‘He knew his character. He knew if you had a go at him, he’d go into his shell and wouldn’t want the ball.’While Parlour and Martin Keown have fond memories of their time under Wenger, the former Arsenal boss admitted he still worries about the club. Parlour played with Pires for four years (Picture: Getty)Wenger left the club in 2018 and watched from afar as his successor Unai Emery was sacked after just 18 months in charge.Mikel Arteta has now been tasked with rejuvenating Arsenal and Wenger is hopeful his former player can guide the Gunners back to their roots. ‘I worry about the club still a lot and I watch all of the games,’ he told TalkSport.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I believe there is a culture in the way to play football at Arsenal that I want to be respected, and I hope Mikel can get that back.’Arteta’s efforts to revamp Arsenal were cut off by the coronavirus pandemic and Arsenal’s transfer budget has been slashed in the wake of the financial issues caused by the health crisis.Premier League chiefs are hopeful of resuming action in June, but need the green light from the British government and clubs wary of a premature return.MORE: Unai Emery backs Dani Ceballos to be Arsenal’s key man under Mikel Arteta after Premier League restartMORE: ‘Are you taking the p***!?’ Martin Keown reveals the time he confronted former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in dressing roomFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Comment Coral BarrySaturday 9 May 2020 1:00 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3.1kShares Advertisement Ray Parlour reveals time Arsene Wenger stepped in to defend Robert Pires in Arsenal training
The entertaining area at 2 Hoylake Ct, Cornubia.The home has formal living and dining rooms, a media room, rumpus room and an open-plan living, dining and kitchen area leading to the entertaining space.The kitchen has French provincial-style cabinetry, an island bench and plenty of storage.The big master bedroom includes a walk-in robe and an ensuite with dual basins and a spa.The remaining bedrooms have built-in robes and there is a storeroom and toilet off the study. One of the living areas at 2 Hoylake Ct, Cornubia.There is a family bathroom, separate toilet, laundry and patio towards the back of the home and a double garage with internal access.The home has quality timber joinery, airconditioning and plenty of space throughout.The Logandale estate includes tennis courts, a pool, function room, parklands and an 18-hole golf course with a tavern.The home is close to shops, schools, cafes and restaurants. The home at 2 Hoylake Ct, Cornubia.THIS beautifully presented home with high ceilings and bay windows is on the market in the sought-after Logandale estate.The home, at 2 Hoylake Court, Cornubia, is on a 1000sq m block and has a big front veranda and spacious outdoor entertaining area.Owner Trish Pelly said the property belonged to her brother and sister-in-law.“They bought it in 2004, and it was very much a loved home,” Ms Pelly said. The kitchen and dining area at 2 Hoylake Ct, Cornubia.“They could have bought anywhere but they loved the relaxed lifestyle and the community feel of the area.“They made a lot of friends and they could indulge in their two big loves in life — their dogs and fishing.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020“Living there meant they could walk their dogs around the estate, which had a country feel, and they could quite easily reach Moreton Bay to take their boat out fishing.”
Read Also: Video: Neymar mocks Haaland, copies UCL goal celebrationLiverpool remained in the tie in the closing stages, despite the sucker punch of Llorente’s two goals, but fellow substitute Alvaro Morata netted a decisive late winner for Simeone’s side.The result sees the La Liga side into the quarter finals for the first time since 2017.Los Rojiblancos join Atalanta, RB Leipzig and Paris Saint-Germain in the next round, with domestic rivals Real Madrid and Barcelona bidding to join the next week, against Manchester City and Napoli respectively.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime8 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee12 Movies That Almost Ended Their Stars’ Careers6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them Diego Simeone’s side led 1-0 from the first leg, thanks to Saul Niguez’s goal, but their performance at Anfield was grounded in a trademark Atletico performance against the Premier League leaders. Goals from Gini Wijnaldum and Roberto Firmino edged the Reds ahead on the night, but a brace from Llorente in extra time set Los Rojiblancos on course for a huge win.“We do not know what our ceiling is, in terms of suffering, and we have shown that today,” he told a post match interview with Marca.“We have defended to the death, and the whole team has played its part.”“To be able to score a goal that helps us into the next round is incredible, and I cannot describe it.” Loading… Atletico Madrid’s Marcos Llorente has hailed the attitude of his team mates, as they produced an incredible comeback 3-2 Champions League win at Liverpool.Advertisement
North Korean state television showed Kim walking, smiling broadly and smoking a cigarette at what the North said was the opening of a fertilizer factory on Friday in Sunchon, north of Pyongyang. (AFP) “I, for one, am glad to see he is back, and well!” Trump tweeted, following Kim’s first public appearance in nearly three weeks after intense speculation that he was seriously ill or possibly dead. WASHINGTON – United States President Donald Trump said Saturday he was “glad” about the reappearance of Kim Jong Un and that the North Korea leader is apparently healthy. United States President Donald Trump had downplayed reports of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s poor health and possible demise. AFP
The 7th Grade SLS Boys Basketball team took on the Knights from South Dearborn on Monday, December 2nd. The Cardinals were able to get off to a good start during the first quarter of their best start of the year. Turnovers caught up with them in the 2nd quarter and the Cardinals ended up losing by a score of 46 to 13. Sam Laloge played a really nice game scoring 8 points to go along with 6 rebounds and 2 steals. Adam Meer also played a good game with 3 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. The boys continue to show improvement as well as they fight to end regardless of the score. The boys are back in action on Tuesday, December 3rd against St. Michael’s. Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Ryan Tekulve.St. Louis lost another close one to South Dearborn 41 to 36. The Cardinals fought back from a 9 point first-quarter deficit to pull within 1 point in the 4th quarter but fell short in the final seconds. Connor Miles scored 20 followed by Hank Ritter with 12. Preston Conway and Calvin Grote each had 2 and Carson Meyer pulled down 9 rebounds. The now 5 and 5 Cardinals travel to St. Michael’s on Tuesday and finishes this week with a home game against Franklin County this Thursday.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Chad Miles with Jenny Miles. The 6th SLS Boys team traveled to Laurel last night for a great game. We won with a score of 60-18 having every player once again score a basket for us. Points fell for Jaiden Kuria with 16 pts, Caleb Mohr 14 pts, Ty Reder 10 pts, Jack Freeland and Ben Greiwe both with 6 pts each, and Vincent Meneses, Brycen Miller, Noah Livers, and Sam Richardson all giving the team 2 pts. This was a great effort by all and so fun to coach. Come support us on Saturday here at SLS for our 5/6th Invitational. Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Erin Trenkamp.
RelatedPosts Nigeria dying under Buhari’s jackboot, by Tunde Odesola Italy introduces compulsory virus testing for travellers from France Edo poll: APC supporters commend Buhari for providing level playing field President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the postponement of the National Sports Festival, tagged: “Edo 2020,” due to coronavirus fears. The Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Sunday Dare, on Tuesday, revealed this via his Twitter handle: @SundayDareSD. Dare tweeted: “Following the briefing of Mr. President from myself and the Minister of State for Health on COVID-19, Mr. President approved the immediate postponement of Edo Sports festival to a future date.” He further stated that the postponement of the National Sports Festival was a precautionary move against the COVID-19 spread. The Games was earlier scheduled between March 20 and April 4 in Benin, Edo State. Shortly before the announcement, Nigeria recorded the third case of coronavirus in Lagos. The case was said to be a 30-year-old female who arrived from the United Kingdom via British Airways on March 13, 2020.Tags: British AirwaysCoronavirusMuhammadu BuhariNational Sports FestivalSunday Dare
RelatedPosts Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel Chelsea sink Brighton to make winning start Chelsea players will not be taking pay-cuts during the coronavirus suspension.It was reported that Chelsea’s players were in talks about taking a 10 per cent pay cut as part of their response to the outbreak, with director Marina Granovskaia holding discussions with captain Cesar Azpilicueta over the issue. However, a club statement on Saturday appeared to indicate that the players will not be taking a salary reduction at this time, with Chelsea saying they had instead been asked to support “other charitable causes”, while also confirming that the Blues will not be using the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.“Representatives of the Chelsea board have recently held extensive talks with the men’s first team to discuss how they can contribute financially to the club during the coronavirus crisis,” the statement said.“The objective of these talks has been to find a meaningful partnership around ensuring we preserve jobs for staff, compensate fans and participate in activities for good causes.“We are grateful to the team for having played their role in assisting the club with community activities as well as all the charitable causes they have been supporting in their respective home countries and through the Players Together initiative supporting the NHS.“At this time, the men’s first team will not be contributing towards the club financially and instead the board have directed the team to focus their efforts on further supporting other charitable causes. As this crisis develops the club will continue to have conversations with the men’s first team regarding financial contributions to the club’s activities.” —Tags: Cezar AzpilicuetaChelseaMarina Granovskaia
“I’m actually feeling great. To be fair to everybody in Cheltenham (General Hospital), they did a marvellous job of looking after me,” Russell told At The Races. “I was just a bit unlucky. I had a spontaneous punctured lung and we tried our best to get it fixed before racing (on Thursday) and it didn’t work. “I couldn’t breathe properly and had a fierce pain in my chest. I didn’t mind about the pain I just couldn’t breathe. “If the appointment goes well I’ll be back either Thursday or at the weekend, and if it doesn’t go well I’ll be looking at Punchestown. “I feel super, but there’s just a couple of niggly things that need to be sorted out and I need to decide whether to sort them out now or wait until after Punchestown.” Ireland’s champion jockey took a crashing fall from Un Beau Matin at the final flight of the Coral Cup on Wednesday. Russell has now left hospital, but has an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday which will give him a clear idea of how long he can expect to be sidelined. Davy Russell will find out on Tuesday how much longer his punctured lung is going to keep him out of action. Press Association